The period for citizens to comment on the 3208-page Chatfield Reservoir Storage Reallocation Final Integrated Feasibility Report and Environmental Impact Statement began on August 2, 2013, and ended on September 3, 2013.
You can still do several things:
- Write a letter to Governor Hickenlooper. See our How to Write a Letter page and our basic facts for some suggestions. He can be reached at
Governor John W. Hickenlooper
136 State Capitol
Denver, CO 80203-1792
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. The press has given little attention to this issue. Much of what they have said has been inaccurate of incomplete. You may want to include some information from our basic facts page in your letter.
- Contact your Senators and Congressional Representative and tell them that we need to find an alternative that doesn’t destroy the heart of Chatfield State Park. To get contact information, go to www.votesmart.org and enter your address or zip code in the search box.
- Call your State Representative and Senator (again, contact information is available at www.votesmart.org) and tell them the State should put no more money into this destructive project.
- Donate to the Denver Audubon’s Chatfield Reallocation Legal Fund. Please see http://www.denveraudubon.org/conservation/save-chatfield/ for additional information.